A Free, Fast, Secure and Local File Encryption
- switching to xchacha20poly1305 for symmetric stream encryption and Argon2id for password-based key derivation. instead of AES-256-GCM and PBKDF2.
- using the libsodium library for all cryptography instead of the WebCryptoApi.
- in this version, the app doesn't read the whole file in memory. instead, it's sliced into 64MB chunks that are processed ony by one.
- since we are not using any server-side processing, the app registers a fake download URL (/file) that is going to be handled by the service-worker fetch api.
- if all validations are passed, a new stream is initialized. then, file chunks are transferred from the main app to the service-worker file via messages.
- each chunk is encrypted/decrypted on it's on and added to the stream.
- after each chunk is written on disk it is going to be immediately garbage collected by the browser, this leads to never having more than a few chunks in the memory at the same time.
- add support to safari and mobile browsers (next week)
- handle stream back pressures.
- improve ui (switching to ReactJs and tailwindcss upon release).
Browser not yet supported for this beta. please try it using chrome or firefox on desktop, or check us out later.
was loaded successfully and ready to be encrypted & downloaded!
was loaded successfully and ready to be decrypted & downloaded!